Spend about three seconds in the Promotions tab of your Gmail inbox, and you’ll probably ask yourself, “What’s not on sale?” During a season when standing out isn’t as easy as offering deep discounts, your team can benefit from understanding your customers’ point of view on what makes the perfect holiday sale and how your website can support it.
While “revolutionary” might not be on the table, “relatable” and “resonant” certainly are. The key to pinpointing the sales structures that stick can be found through a process that marketers, engineers, and educators alike adopt to achieve success: design thinking.
What is Design Thinking?
Five Steps for Applying Design Thinking to Your Holiday Sales Structure
- How does shopping on [COMPANY NAME]’s website make you feel?
- When you shop on our website, where do you look first?
- Which website promotions do you enjoy?
- Which promotions do you typically pass on? Why?
- How would you describe the perfect online holiday sale?