Creating and implementing a MarTech strategy to suit the specific needs of your organization has become a crucial part of marketing strategy. As marketing tactics have evolved so have the capabilities of MarTech softwares and platforms. With a vast array to choose from, how do you determine which MarTech solution is right for your business? Whether you are just getting started with your MarTech strategy or you are currently evaluating to prepare for an upgrade, there are some things to consider.
Evaluate Needs & Goals
Consider the following questions as a little food for thought when starting the process:
- Is the budget and decision-making for technology at your organization centralized or decentralized?
- Is your organization considered a matrix organization—a structure in which some individuals report to more than one supervisor or leader?
- Will there be other stakeholders within your organization leveraging the platform?
- What are your current MarTech needs?
- How do you anticipate these needs evolving in the near and distant future?
- Which MarTech capabilities do you and will you need to satisfy these needs?
Classify Your Organization
Hub & Spoke
To Sum It Up
It is important to understand and qualify your current business needs and goals as well as those you project your business to have in the future. Building a MarTech strategy that will accommodate your future needs and allow for scale will prevent having to reevaluate and restructure in the future.